Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My Journey To and Through Motherhood- Part 2


The first part of this journey was mostly consumed with my self, my opinions, and my fears. It never occurred to me that perhaps Gods opinions on the subject would be different from my own. He was certainly not surprised by the news that I was going to become a mother. In fact, He knew it well before I did. It was almost as if He had planned this journey for me all along, from the beginning. 

One gloomy day well after Lucy was born, I was crying out to Him for comfort and direction. He said to me, “Faith, you have many gifts and talents, but I am going to bring you into an area that you do not know anything about in order for you to see My grace and My power in your life.” When I heard that, I was excited about all the possibilities for ministry this would bring. I started dreaming big and expecting world-wide ministries to be birthed. I could not wait to see what door God was going to open next. I just hoped that I would be able to recognize it and walk through the door.

For some reason, instead of becoming the next Joyce Meyer overnight, I just continued to have babies. Sure, I held a Bible study at my house here and there and was involved in my church, but red and yellow lights were blinking everywhere I turned. Perhaps it was because God had something bigger and better in mind.

I was no longer going back to school or worried about finishing my degree. I had actually arrived at a place where I enjoyed staying home with those beings I could now call blessings. I no longer resented my husband for getting to go to work and getting to speak with adults all day. The revelation hit me like a ton of bricks. “Every time you did the dishes, I showed you my grace. Every time you cleaned that mess up- again- I showed you my grace. Every time your precious daughter laid hands on you to pray for your healing, I showed you my power. You wanted a world-wide ministry, I gave you three.” Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment